Saturday, November 14, 2009

To the Moon Space Girl and Space Kitty

Time to go up stairs everyone, time to help mom put away the laundry. Alright my babies say as we climb the stairs. Addison is excited because she loves to help throw all of her clothes on her bed after mom has already folded them, but hey she feels helpful and sometimes that is all that matters. Greyson on the other hand loves to open all of his dresser draws to reorganize them and find his socks. His favorite thing to do at laundry time is put on as many socks as he can. Socks on his feet and on his hands and then a few extra socks laying around just for fun. As I am putting away the laundry I noticed a package of nicely packed diapers I toss them to Addison as I ask her to put them away in the basket. She reports back, okay mom. A few minutes later I look into her room to find the diapers package open and empty but the diapers have not made it into the basket instead they are everywhere in the kids room, it looked like they were trying to have a new style of carpet made of diapers. I just smiled and kept working. A few minutes later Addison appears holding a ball of diapers. She then tells me that Kitty is inside the diapers and she is wearing her space hat. Again I smile, loving her creativity. She returns to her room where Greyson is trying to put diapers on himself and all of the stuffed animals in their room. Addison quickly gets back to the diaper pile too. The next time she comes out into the hall she has on a space helmet and is wanting some space clothes so she, the "Outer Space Girl can go to space with her "Outer Space Kitty." It is so amazing how fast they grow up and how amazing their minds can be. Damien was quickly called up to capture the moment. He was also called into the diaper transformation and pretty soon I was the only one in my family without a "Space Suit." It was the best laundry time ever.
Daddy arrived to assist with the space boots.
Outer Space Girl!

1 comment:

Erin Banks said...

awesome..loved reading about you guys and miss you lots...we should pick up on our monthly meal!